4.07.2015

bath time

My favorite time of the week has become bath time with Charlie.  I hate the actual bath part because he likes to make it as punishing as he can for me, but when the torture is all over, and I've dried him off as much as he'll let me (we're still working on using a hairdryer), he has developed a habit of wanting to bundle up and snuggle with me, either on the couch or in bed.  I usually try to plan so that I can take a nap after bath, mostly because I'm exhausted after the amount of energy it takes just to hold him still, and we cuddle up together and fall asleep to the TV.

It's the most precious and intimate time we spend together.  We are usually both so traumatized that it's a nice way of calming ourselves down and reconnecting so that we don't hate each other after what we previously experienced.  He has a special yellow blanket that we call the "burrito", and he likes to be swaddled completely, nice and snug.  Then, I have to cradle him like a baby, and he will fall sound asleep.  He's very peculiar about how I hold him, and he is not comfortable with anyone else performing this tradition - it has to be his mom.  Of course I love to rub this in my boyfriend's face and gloat about it whenever I can, but it really is so special to me and melts my stone-cold heart.

Do you guys have any weird/special customs that you share with your pets?

His snout looks so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment