5.23.2015

diy hexagon shelves



A few months back, I found some shelves on sale for $6.00 at Hobby Lobby.  Of course I couldn't resist because they were Hexagon and raw wood, so I knew I would be able to do anything I wanted with them, plus they were only $6.00, so I had to buy them!  I sat on them for a while, until this morning when I painted all three of them and finally hung them in my living room.  I'm so glad I did.  I love the way they look and how simple they are, yet how much they add to the walls.  I painted them gold and then decided to dab on a little glitter, which I think looks clunky up close, but from far away looks amazing.  I am so excited about them!  Basically all I used was some acrylic gold paint, some gold glitter, a paint brush, three wood hexagon blocks, and some nails to hang them, which all totaled me around $25.00.  What I got was the end result below.
I would say it will be worth the $25.00 once I fix the one shelf that's a little crooked.  I think I am going to leave them empty and use them as art rather than have them function as actual shelves because I like the way they look so much.  What do you guys think?  xoxo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment